By opting to homeschool your child, you're taking control of how he or she learns. Rather than have your child memorize facts, myWorld Social Studies keeps him or her engaged by using storytelling techniques.
History, government, citizenship and geography can all be fun subjects, especially if presented in a way that activates your child's emotional and cognitive mental centers. The myWorld Social Studies materials were designed using the latest educational research, so you can rest easy knowing your child will get the stimulation he or she needs to truly enjoy learning.
The program contains tons of great subject-matter information and tools to help you design interesting lesson plans. By the end of the school year, your child should be able to:
- Understand the ways a community can affect the economy.
- Use numerous mediums (such as art, videos and fiction) to share information learned during the program.
- Differentiate between state and local government.
- Recognize and discuss important dates and holidays in American history.
- Discover and identify fluctuations in his or her state's population.
- Recall important dates and figures in local history, putting them in chronological order.
- Use relevant sources (i.e., encyclopedias and textbooks) when looking up information on historic people and events.
- Use information gained through research to form unique opinions on Social Studies topics.
myWorld Social Studies: Grade 4 is a natural continuation in your child's Social Studies education. The knowledge he or she gains in the program will build a foundation before he or she moves on to the next Grade level.
Additionally, the materials used in myWorld Social Studies: Grade 4 will support you as you plan lessons. For more information on everything included in this curriculum for homeschooling, visit the Features and Benefits page.