The fifth installment of the Reading Street curriculum for homeschooling series, Grade 5, is the perfect tool for your child's educational journey. This set of materials is designed to help your child develop a love of learning he or she will carry throughout the rest of his or her life. Not only does Reading Street aid you in educating your child on the subject of reading, the system is also designed to improve language arts and writing abilities. Now that your child is ready to begin the Grade 5 curriculum, he or she will encounter more challenging content and in-depth reading assignments.
All Reading Street installments integrate flawlessly with the rest of your homeschool program materials and make it easy for you to plan engaging lessons. Use the Teacher Resource DVD to print out curriculum-aligned worksheets and rubrics, and administer quizzes. Reading Street: Grade 5 comes with two volumes that cover six units. Each unit spans six weeks, for a total of 12 weeks’ worth of English and Language Arts content.
By the time you and your child complete Reading Street: Grade 5, he or she should be able to:
- Read several types of literature, including poetry, drama and prose.
- Use direct text examples to support ideas about the reading.
- Recognize themes within a story.
- Develop an individual writing style.
- Include correct punctuation, capitalization and grammar in writing.
- Conduct course-related research using the text and outside sources.
- Adapt writing style to speak to a specific audience.
Each stage of the Reading Street series is increasingly more complex, giving your child the challenge they need to develop high levels of writing, reading and language skills. The lesson plans you design using this system will keep your student interested in learning.
You can learn more about the materials included in the Reading Street: Grade 5 set by visiting the Features and Benefits page.